10-Plus Things We Love About Our Senior Graphic Designer
Sara Gooding is our senior graphic designer who might seem quiet at first, until you realize that she’s got earbuds in and is rocking to the latest tunes from a playlist of over 3,000 songs—all while rolling through a full schedule of print and digital ads, brochures, blogs, and websites that need her artistic touch. As it turns out, music has always been part of Sara’s workday, starting with her first gig in a balloon store, where she had to sing for each delivery. The fact that she did this while dressed as a gorilla gives you an even better idea of just how far this girl is willing to go to take care of her clients.
We’re going a little farther, too, and asked Sara to share 10 more fun facts about herself:
- I’ve been drawing for as long as I can remember. As a child, my parents took me everywhere and knew I’d be OK as long as I had a pad of paper.
- My car is always full—like life! Right now, there’s a bike rack in there, a bunch of Tupperware, receipts, and probably a jacket or umbrella.
- IMA is a great fit for me because it’s like family—close-knit and we always find a way to work through issues together.
- There’s more music to come—wedding bells! My fiancée Brooke and I have just started looking at venues, but we expect about 150 guests with all our family and friends.
- When I’m not listening to music, I tune into podcasts. My new thing is true crime stories—so interesting, but I can only listen for a while before getting freaked out by some of the wild stories.
- I graduated from the Illinois Institute of Art, the school I had dreamed of going to since high school. The road to a degree took a few detours, but that’s why it means so much to me.
- Technology is great for design, but it’s also great for simple things like texting. I love when my 95-year-old grandmother texts me smiley faces!
- Lilacs are my favorite flower. I remember hiding under the lilac bushes when I was a kid. That scent takes me right back home.
- Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It’s all about the great family moments without the pressure of gifts. And no one judges you if you go back for seconds and dessert!
- My favorite quote is from Helen Keller—“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” It’s a good reminder to not be complacent, but to make the most of everything you do and take the opportunities that come your way.