15 Fun Facts About IMA’s Social & Specialty Media Manager
Sarah Appleton (better known as Sarah Zubarik until just recently) is destined to be an IMA “lifer.” She has already been with the agency for 14 years, and is a part of almost every discussion about our future. She started her career with us as an intern, was immediately offered a full-time position after earning her BS in communications and public relations from Carroll University in 2004, and now manages much of our social media marketing for clients.
While social media was not nearly as prevalent back then, “social” has always been Sarah’s thing. She is an active community volunteer and social butterfly, with a passion for the latest trends, whether it’s fashion, food, or activities. This makes her a great representative for clients like Expo Productions and the Waukesha County Fair, for whom she puts in extra time on-site for special events—and usually has blisters and/or a sunburn to show for it. Her dedication is truly appreciated by IMA and our clients. Here are a few more things you’ll appreciate about Sarah:
- When I tell people about IMA, I invariably use the word “family”—we really are a close team!
- I think I did pretty well, but if I had to choose another career path, I’d be a lifestyle blogger. Look out, Ree Drummond!
- One of my favorite things about my job is seeing the immediate impact of social media. For example, the Facebook page we started for Waukesha County Fair a few years ago now has over 8,000 followers.
- Because technology is changing so quickly, it’s hard to say exactly what I’ll be doing a few years from now, but I will definitely be changing with it—and maybe sharing what I’ve learned as a public speaker or presenter for special programs. No stage fright here!
- Earlier this year, I added “wife” and “stepmom” to my resume! Jake, Violet, Samantha, and I are now thinking about adding a puppy to our family.
- I love my job, but weekends are special when I can surround myself with family, friends, good food, laughter, and a nice view from the patio.
- When it comes to recent vacations, I have two favorites: my honeymoon, of course, but also a recent hiking trip to Colorado with friends, which pushed me out of my comfort zone in a good way.
- I’m looking forward to Halloween! I used to love dressing up, but now it’s all about having fun and making memories with the kids.
- I was lucky enough to meet Wayne Larrivee—“the voice of the Green Bay Packers”—through work, but I also met Kris Humphries once (in an elevator in Las Vegas).
- If Hollywood ever gets around to making a movie about my life, I’m told Amy Adams should play the lead role.
- I love technology but would never buy or trust a self-driving car. I can’t even relax when another person is driving.
- I will always stand for the Star Spangled Banner. My dad is a Vietnam vet, and I am grateful for all service men and women.
- I try to avoid drama and people who create it. Life is too short!
- Do I believe in karma? Sometimes I see it in action, but more often I just hope for the good kind in the future!
- And apparently I believe in respecting superstition! The original draft of this article included only 13 things, but why tempt fate with an unlucky number? These last two items were added for good luck (and good reading)!