9 Reasons Why Our Graphic Designer Is as Awesome as He Is Tall
Meet Ryan Kelm—IMA’s talented, easy-going, and charming graphic designer who is always ready to crack a sarcastic one-liner. Ryan has been rocking custom web design and digital campaigns for nearly four years. He is just as impressive at strategically branding companies with imaginative logos.
Ryan has got a lot more going on than his mad design skills. He is impressively funny and witty despite being a self-proclaimed introvert. When he’s not at work, he enjoys listening to his favorite comedian, Matt Bellassai, or watching John Waters movies. Here are nine more things about Ryan:
- At first, I wanted to go to school to be a surgical technician. Then I wanted to be an English teacher. Finally, I landed on being a graphic designer because I’ve always loved being creative.
- My favorite IMA memory is when my first website launched. It was awesome to create and brand a website from scratch and then see it go live.
- Dynamic and exciting—that’s how I describe IMA because every day is different.
- I’ve never been in the back of a police car, but I have had a policeman ride in MY backseat as part of a sting operation to get my stolen laptop back. The thief got my cell phone number off my computer and texted me to meet up, so I went to the local police station for help. A cop ended up hiding in my backseat while I drove to the meeting point. Then he confronted the thief to get my laptop back—it was pretty cool.
- People are surprised to learn that I studied Japanese in high school—I even studied abroad in Japan for a few weeks. They’re also surprised that I never played basketball. (I’m 6’5”.)
- My favorite motto is: “It could always be worse.”
- My first thought when I wake up is: “I have to feed my cat,” but only because he [Chase] kneads his claws into me to wake me up.
- The word I hear most often during the workday is “Thanks.” Our team is very appreciative of one another.
- My favorite holiday is Christmas. Forget inflatable décor—I love the gaudy decorations people put up. I wish they could stay up all year.