Boost Your Business With Google Local Services Ads
Most businesses do great work for their customers. But not all customers know about those companies. So how do you increase your number of quality leads while putting your name out there all at once? Google’s new Local Services ads can help.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Search Function
Local Services ads are Google’s newest toy. When customers search Google, Local Services ads connect them with the most reputable professionals in their specific area. Pretty cool, right? It gets even better: Google displays those results right at the top of the user’s screen, even before the traditional paid search ads.
These Local Services ads display three key elements that will help drive traffic to your business:
- Google Guarantee—a green checkmark will show up next to the business name when it’s endorsed by Google.
- Google customer rating—often, your customers may choose your business over others if you have better Google reviews. Google’s Local Services ads use the same process when deciding which businesses to highlight. That’s something you don’t get with pay-per-click ads.
- Contact information—a customer’s search is no help without knowing how to reach you. The Local Services ads will put that info front and center.
Pay Per Lead, Not Per Click
Pay-per-click advertising is tricky. Sometimes, the ad isn’t a good fit for the user, or it becomes too expensive to continue. Fortunately, Google’s Local Services ads skirt around that problem. The function produces qualified leads, connecting the right customer to the right company even when a user searches using the broadest possible terms.
No Keyword Muss, No Keyword Fuss
Keyword research and search engine optimization (SEO) functionality are crucial to a good ad. The good news is that you can use Google Local Services ads without knowing a thing about keywords. Google will automatically use its Local Services ads when a customer searches for one of the thousands of relevant search terms. It will use information from your business profile to create the local ad that the user sees.
Extend Your Paid and Organic Reach
Just because Google’s Local Services ads sit above the paid search ads doesn’t mean they replace the paid ads. And they don’t replace your organic local listings. Instead, they work in conjunction with them. A lead is a lead, no matter how you get it.
Starting Is as Easy as 1-2-3
You can set up your own Local Services ad account in three easy steps:
- Set up your business profile—this will help link the right jobs to your Local Services ads. Here you can edit your budget, your job types, your service areas, and your business hours.
- Fill out your license and insurance info—you need proof that you’re a licensed and insured professional before you’re approved by Google to run Local Services ads. That includes general liability insurance details, related professional licenses, and registration information.
- Pass a background check—Google wants to make sure you’re safe and reliable before it sends you into customers’ homes or offices. That’s why they require all businesses to complete a background check before giving them the go-ahead.
After that, the process gets easier. Simply set up your budget—this is based on how many customers you want per week. We recommend spending at least $460, which will net you 20 leads on average—then start running your ads on Google. You’re in total control. You can turn the ads on or off depending on when you want to reach new customers.
Google’s Local Services ads is a simple service that could make a world of difference for your business. To set up your own account, visit Google’s Local Service ads and get started.
Always a Phone Call Away
At Image Makers Advertising, we’re always ready to jump in and help you out. If you aren’t sure whether Google’s Local Services ads are right for your business, give us a call at 262-650-8300. We’re more than happy to answer every question you have.